The Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up bar is the most popular screw-in bar in the world.
Overview & Features
The Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up is one of the cheapest doorway pull up bars on the market.
It's also the most popular screw in doorway pull up bar by a long-shot.
However, it's a screw-in doorway pull up bar which means you will need to make some permanent changes to one of your doorways.
- One of the absolute lowest priced doorway pull up bars
- will allow you to perform pull ups in doorways with non-traditional trim and moulding
How Many Grip Positions Are There?
The Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up comes with;
- one set of adjustable grips
The grips are black in color and you can pull them closer or wider in order to perform different variations of pull ups and chin ups.
Essentially, you are have two practical grip positions;
- narrow grip
- traditional to slightly wide grip
However, several consumers have had some problems with the grips sliding a bit when they are being used. Some readers chimed in and stated that the best way to avoid this is to tighten the grips as much as possible before you start your pull or chin up hang.
They shouldn't move after doing so.
What Exercises Can You Do?
With the Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up, you would be able to perform;
- narrow grip pull or chin ups
- hammer grip (palms facing each other)
- “widish” grip pull ups (the distance is somewhere between wide and traditional pull ups)
You would also be able to perform;
- handing leg raises and their variations
- tricep dips
- sit ups
However, it must also be noted that in order to perform the other exercises (non-pull ups) you would need to install the 2nd set of brackets on your doorframe, as well as set up the bar in position again.
What Is It Made Out Of? How Much Can It Hold?
The Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up is made out of silver stainless steel with black adjustable grips.
It can hold individuals up to 220 lbs, provided everything is installed correctly.
Being a rather low cost product, the bar quality is not exactly luxurious.
In practical terms this means that if you install the bar on wider doorways and weigh over 200 lbs., expect some bend in the bar. That being said, it shouldn't break or snap under the weight.
25 x 2 x 2 inches
Is It Easy To Install? What Doorways Will It Fit?
Installation of the Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up is incredibly easy. All you need is a screwdriver or a power drill to screw in the brackets into their correct position in a doorframe.
Some users have stated that they were able to use the product without properly installing it using the brackets, simply by continually tightening the bar (by corking it) against the doorframe using the rubber stoppers.
Don't do this! It's incredibly dangerous and you can fall down. Use the product as it was intended, by installing the brackets.
As far as what doorways it will accommodate;
- 24.5 to 36" wide doorways
- preferably for use with doorways with wood paneling or strong studs
What Are The Pros?
What are the advantages of the Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Pull Up?
- it's one of the absolute lowest priced doorway pull up bars on the market
- it will allow you to perform pull ups in doorways with non-traditional trim and moulding that other doorway pull up bars (such as the Iron Gym) wouldn't fit in
The biggest benefit of this product is its extremely low cost. You will simply will have a very hard time finding any other product that will allow you to perform pull ups at home for such a low cost.
What Are The Cons?
What are the disadvantages of the Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up?
- it requires permanent brackets to be screwed into your doorway
- in order to perform other exercises such as sit ups or tricep dips, you would need to manually uncork the bar and re-install it, taking several minutes
- you can only perform a limited number of pull up variations (two in practice)
The other drawback is its competition. The Sunny Health & Fitness will fit doorways up to 36", whereas the j/fit Deluxe can fit doorways up to 40" wide. So, if you have wider doorways you may want to check into that bar instead.
What Are Its Consumer Ratings?
The Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Pull Up bar is the most popular screw in doorway pull up bar on the market.
With well over 700 user reviews and an above-average rating, you can rest assured that you are probably going to be satisfied with the product.
The biggest reason for this, in my estimation, is its very low cost and the fact that it essentially allows you to do what you want it to do, allow you to do pull ups.
There are well over twice as many positive reviews as it has negative.
The most commonly cited positive trait was its low price and value for the money.
The most commonly cited negative trait was the low quality of the screws.
I'm super happy with this bar and would recommend it because it does what it's supposed to very well and it was designed in a very user friendly way.
Is It Priced Fairly?
Talk about good value for your money.
If you just need something to do pull ups on, and have no need for a ton of pull up variations, this would be a good purchase.
Best of all, it's extremely cheap.
Summary of Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up
Overall, we would give the Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up a...
The reason for this is that...
- it's very inexpensive and good value for your money
- it allows you to do pull ups at home
However, it also...
- doesn't fit as many doorways as its competitor, the j/fit Deluxe Doorway Pull Up Bar
- its grip quality isn't as good as the j/fit
- can't hold as much weight as the j/fit
Overall, screw in door way pull up bars are great for children and younger teens (self-mounted requires you to be a little taller so that you can reach up and place it behind the top doorway trim) but as far as these types of bars go, it's not as good as the j/fit.
It is however, a tremendous value for your money.
If you would like to see an easy to sort comparison table of every pull up bar reviewed on this site, CLICK HERE.